Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Take a Break

Today had next to nothing to do with writing, but I will still record what I did.

Before even changing out of my PJs, I worked on the car with my boyfriend.  We are in the process of changing the transmission fluid (details of which I will leave out because I'm sure they are classified under "boring", but the work itself is rather fun: very mechanical and greasy).

After we were done, we showered and walked 20 minutes to a cupcake shop downtown called Sweetie Pies.  There we enjoyed a birthday cake flavored cupcake and a German chocolate cupcake with house brewed fresh coffee.

On our return stroll we stopped at an elaborate pawn shop and browsed the DVDs and video games.  We didn't buy anything, but we had such fun.  Our next stop was an auto parts store to check for a new seal for the transmission fill plug (see, kinda boring sounding).

It may sound silly, but we had the best time just walking and talking together.  We even discussed a possible story idea for a story submission I want to try.

I loved this day.  And tomorrow I hope to launch out on a tantalizing tale that will get me a YES from the publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment