Monday, October 20, 2014

Small Town Gossip

I really do not want to write my articles today.  I finished my last two interviews (I thought one had been handled through email, but the guy never got back to me, so I had to call him today).  I still need to write all three articles.  I thought I had plenty of time, but the guys (me and my sister's boyfriends) are coming back from work already.  I don't want to be cloistered in the side room while everyone else is having fun and relaxing.  I already committed to having these done and sent to my editor tonight.  So I'm stuck.  They really don't take too long.  I lie to myself and say, "You only have to write the rough drafts, then you're pretty much done."  I make it sound like it'll only take 20 minutes or so.

I was all set with my info when I got another phone call from a concerned person who wanted to make sure I had the right information for the piece on her father-in-law's 95th birthday.  This person seemed to think that since I had gotten my information from his second wife (his first had passed away) that there were some lies in there or that Second Wife had failed to mention First Wife at all.  On the contrary, the First Wife is the first person Second Wife told me about.

Quite interesting how the people on the side of the righteous were expecting something evil from Second Wife.  They declared themselves as very rude, judgmental individuals by openly proclaiming, "Second Wife is the outcast in the family."  Hmm, and so you are saying that you are the cruel ones who make her the outcast?  I don't think I would be announcing that to the world.  Concerned Person said something about a large sum of money that mysteriously disappeared after her father-in-law remarried.  I don't know what happened.  Honestly, I just want to write about the old man's birthday.  I really wasn't asking for the skeletons in your closet.

After that phone call I was quite uninspired to write the piece at all.  I don't know if I want to save it for the end, or just get it over with quickly.  Lol.  And here I thought stuff like this only happened in movies and books.  When this round of articles is done, I will be very glad.  The rest of the week is mine to use to form my life as I like it.

Wow, these people certainly are funny.  Just had another one call a moment ago with more useless information.  Haha.  I don't know that a 95th birthday has ever caused such a stir before.  I guess that's about the biggest thing that happens in these people's lives.  Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment