Thursday, January 2, 2014

Without a Robe

Kinda late going to press today folks.  All due to good reasons.  

This morning was spent cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, going to an appointment and getting some quick shopping done.  Got back home for lunch, finished up the laundry, took care of some financial matters and now finally sitting down to write.  Oh, and checked on my CastleVille, of course!  I think I am progressing very well through the Yuletide Quest, a special holiday quest in which Kris Kringle can be used as a hero to explore while I help him rebuild the toys that got broken when his sleigh crashed into I kingdom.  It is silly games such as these that drive a writer to complete her goals, just so she can take that well-earned break to check her CastleVille.

So you can see, no robe day for me.  And I had a normal breakfast of pancakes, a banana and coffee.

Progress on my writing...ok, here goes.  I am still at only two chapters complete, but as soon as I publish this blog post and update my growing number of adoring/adorable (pick whichever fits) fans (and yes, I mean you!), I am off to the Pennsylvania hills to see what my main girl Daisy Mosse is up to.  Yep, it’s out.  She’s my girl, my protagonist, the heroine of my story.  At least I’m planning for her to close the last page of the book as a triumphant heroine.  However, I’ve heard these characters can be sneaky sometimes and change the story around on you.  So now you know my main character and setting.  But that’s all for now.  

I never thought I’d be one of those weird writers that refused to tell what her book was about while it was still in the rough draft stage, but I learned by trial and error, mainly error.  After sharing the story line with one too many people, it changed on me.  Hence, the story I’m writing now is completely different from what I was telling people last month.  So I am choosing to shut up and let it out bit by bit.  So you all will just have to wait.

Thanks for stopping in again.  Hope everyone had a happy New Year.  Writers, this is our year.  Let’s go for it and finish our novels or take the next step in our writing dreams.  Check back tomorrow on my progress and connect with me on Facebook, www.facebook.com/oneladyofshalott, and Twitter @EdinanRoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment