Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holding Onto a Great Idea

Good morning everyone!  Finally able to get up and start writing again.  The sinus headaches were killing me, but those seem to be over for the most part.  Still gotta deal with this cough, but what better way than to write and immerse myself in some good movies for inspiration?

There’s not much progress to catch up on, since I have been lying ill and struggling merely to breathe, let alone write.  But let me fill you in on a little writer’s quirk that I experienced once again.  As you know, I have a book scheduled to publish March 1st this year, a mere 51 days away, and my mind is running off on new ideas and actually considering writing a completely different book than the one I had planned.  You may think I’m crazy to even have these thoughts, but I've heard of these things before.  Writer’s minds are very funny things and do many things on their own without the owner’s permission.

But common sense calls to me and tells me that would be a ridiculous stunt at this point in the game.  I know that, and the fact is in my mind as well.  I just don’t know why it would take off like that and cook up such a preposterous notion, throwing me off from the work I have already committed myself to doing, taking out the excitement of this book and throwing it into something new.  It’s exhausting trying to keep tabs on my mind.  But it’s this same mind that I appreciate and love for its wild ideas.  Without them my life would be dull and safe, doing something mundane from 9 to 5 every day until I went insane.  

So today, I call to the adventurous minds out there and invite you to let your ideas fly.  But when you latch onto one, make sure to hold him down good and keep your eye on him because there’s liable to be 50,000 other ideas more amazing than the one you’re holding.  That’s when you've got to get your focus on and see that tough bird through.  It’s not going to get done otherwise.  Just ask my file cabinet full of half-written stories collected over the twenty years I've been writing.

Together we will conquer the flying idea we have captured and see it through, no matter how many other sparkling ideas fly out of our heads.  Here’s to great ideas--and getting them done!

If you have not done so already, check out my Facebook page and click “like”, or follow me on Twitter @EdinanRoman.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment