Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Two and a Half Weeks of Meditation = a Clear Mind

Well, I figured it was about time to put up another post.  For the past two and a half weeks I have felt a strong urge just to meditate.  So I set my writing aside in faith and followed through on this urge.  The result is a much clearer way of thinking.  There were some old ways of living holding me back, and I discovered these ways of living were fueled by the way I was thinking.  Mainly was my mentality of lack.  I always felt in need.  My body constantly struggled to relax.  My subconscious was of living was to be tense all the time.

So, what does this mean for me and writing?  That I have the strength to push through these beginning days of publishing my first book, working on my second and publishing it even though I am several weeks past my deadline, and learning how to promote myself and "market my wares."  Lol.  I never thought I was shy about telling others about what a good job I've done, but I felt differently when it actually came time to let people know what a fabulous book I'd written and how it would improve their quality of life if they bought it.

So far, I have had three wonderful people helping me in this endeavor.  First is Karen Steer, book blogger from Australia (I have to keep mentioning that because I just think it's so cool).  You can find out more about her and about her review of my first book Innocence at www.karensbookhaven.com.

Secondly, is author of cozy mysteries, Leslie Keller.  I had the privilege to review her book while she reviewed mine.  You can find hers here for Kindle, and I assure you, if you love writing where you can pick up on that author's unique style and voice, you will like her book, Menu for Murder.  You can also read a snippet from her book here, and follow her blog www.lesliekellerbooks.blogspot.com.  I am including a copy of my review of Menu for Murder for your enjoyment.  And excuse my one and only typo.  Nex?  What is that?

Review for Menu for Murder:
I really enjoyed L.A. Keller's writing style. It's smart and quirky and has a voice all its own. The main character, Jayne Stanford, is clumsy and funny and endearing in her effort to fight off her self induced sprees of paranoia. I really related to the story because I moved to a new town to start my life over, just like Jayne. I found myself wondering how she was going to make it, if she would get her life stabilized. The opening chapter of Jayne being flirtatiously pursued by the elderly, drunken mayor had me fighting her corner right away. You'll find yourself turning the pages as she goes from one bad situation to the nex. Excellent cozy mystery story. Awesome job, Keller!

And lastly, a book blogger who goes by lillyrose71, has so graciously reviewed my book and posted it on her blog here.  I was blown away by her review.  I love her art of noticing the details.  There is no greater compliment to me than someone noticing the details.  From what I can tell, this lovely lady is located in the UK, based on part of her web address.  I have to mention the locations of these out of States people because I just think it's so cool that we can connect with people all over the world so easily.  And I always had a fascination with people from countries other than mine.  I love US citizens too, though. :)

Check out and follow her blog on Bloglovin'.  She has a fun tag in my opinion "Books, rants and occasionally book rants."  The last part reminds me of me and my three sisters and two of our friends talking about books and the plots and what we liked and didn't like.  Without any logical reason, it was a lot of fun!  Check out her other reviews as well.  She is quite passionate about the books she reads, which I find very refreshing.  In one she even posted to message her if you read the book she was reviewing so she could discuss the ending with you.  I thought that was pretty cool and a sign of an authentically interested reader.

Thank you, everyone for your reviews.  I am happy to work with all of you.

If you are a book blogger reading this, and you are interested in reviewing my book Innocence, you can tweet at me @EdinanRoman.  I would love to work with many more of you.

And of course, don't forget to buy your copy of Innocence at:
Etsy
Amazon/Kindle
iBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment