Friday, March 13, 2015

Boredom, ugh! Sooo two seconds ago

Well, as happy as I am about my book being published online and now available on Amazon and iBooks, I feel like my blog is kind of boring.  It's kind of embarrassing saying that, but when I think about writing a blog post as being a duty, then, to me, it's boring.  Why should anything in life be boring?  If something is boring, I have a really, really, really...yeah, really hard time doing it.  I tend to feel like if it can't be made interesting somehow, by turning it into a game, a competition, or changing your perspective, then it's not worth doing.  And right now my blog doesn't feel worth doing.  I'd rather be writing a story, something really fun and creative, or watching a good movie or even reading than be doing this right now.

Maybe I'm supposed to say how much I love every aspect of writing and publishing, but instead, I'm telling you what I don't like.  I like interesting things, and when I meet something boring, I feel like the life is being sucked out of me (I said something not someone, although it applies for both, but that's kind of mean).  It is hard to find a reason to go on.  I also feel kind of insulted when I come into contact with something boring and feel forced to stay in its presence.

I got some great responses the other day when I messaged FB friends about my book and asked if they would buy a copy.  But then after only one sale came through from that, I felt the excitement leaving and boredom creeping in.  I try to be excited about my story, but it's kind of hard when you don't know if people like it, if they want to hear more, if they say they want to hear more but are just being nice.

I thought it was so cool that my book was on Amazon, so I went online and searched my name.  Sure enough, my book comes up, but it is at the top of a list of the most boring looking books.  I feel kind of angry, like I shouldn't have to be subjected to this kind of insult.  (Lol.  This really does tick me off, but it is also quite hilariously petty.  Of course being near some boring books doesn't mean anything.  I guess it reminds me of being different in high school and feeling like I could only hang out with lame people.  I suppose that scarred me worse than I thought.  Haha.)  I'm including a screenshot of my book with these lame books just for laughs.  Then some day when I'm famous, I can look back over my blog and laugh.

Well, I guess that's some thoughts from the real me today.  Now, back to being the "put together, happy" writer.  Lol.

And of course I must add the links for my book because I'm supposed to be promoting and marketing, oh yes.  (Ugh)

Etsy
Amazon (Kindle)
iBooks

By the way, iBooks was a heck of a link to find on the internet, so you can thank me later for that one.  IPhones and Apple stuff is great, but without fail, it ends up ticking me off.  I know it's oversimplified to be easy to use and stuff, but I always feel so lost with their dumb icons and no words and exclusivity.  It makes me feel like I must be really dumb because they put extreme perfection into a very-easy-to-use format, and it's still hard for me to figure out without getting mad.

Anyways, that's my two cents on that, and now I'm done ranting and blogging and being irritated.  Back to my magical life of escapism.  Haha.  Help!  (If you're completely confused by now, that makes two of us. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment