Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Aside Reading List

In addition to that hilariously massive Library Reading List that I talked about yesterday, I have an “aside” reading list.

  1. After Tex (by Sherryl Woods)
  2. Garden Spell (by Sarah Addison)
  3. Desperation (by Stephen King)
  4. Your Best LIfe Now (by Joel Osteen)
  5. Eyes Wide Open (by Ted Dekker)
  6. The Gate House (by Nelson DeMille)

Books 3, 5 and 6 are from a store called Ollies.  There were two of these stores where I lived in Pennsylvania, one on the east end and one on the west end.  Here in Clinton, NC, there are none.

A couple weeks ago my boyfriend Jorge and I went to a town called Goldsboro where we were indulging in Sheetz (nope, none of those in Clinton either; what is in Clinton, you ask?  Nothing!).  Down the hill from Sheetz was an Ollies.  Praise be!  Jorge was intrigued by my enthusiasm, so he had to check it out.  For any who don’t know, it’s a store that sells stuff cheap.  They even have some name brands in there like Paula Dean, Jack Links jerkey, and I already mentioned Stephen King!

Jorge fell in love.  We bought two packs of beef jerkey, a toilet brush (odd, I know), and six books, all for $20.  Now we try to think of excuses to go to Goldsboro so we can stop at Ollies.  First, we go to Sheetz.  He orders sliders from their MTO menu and I get a cream soda (another thing they don’t have in Clinton, not in the gas stations, that is) and we eat and walk down the hill to the Ollies.  We throw our containers in their outdoor trash and enter the cheap heaven of Ollies merchandise.  They even have a coffee pot at the back of the store where you can get a cup for free and sip and shop.

I meant to write about my Aside Reading List, which are the books I want to read after my Library Reading List is complete.  I have started three of the six.  I’m reading one of them on an almost daily basis right now (Your Best Life Now) in addition to my library list.  I just wanted to give you a small taste of the things I put myself through.  Haha!



And one more thing.  A cool girl named Olivia in the UK invited me to do a guest post on her blog today, so go over to Lovelaces to check it out.  She reviews books and writes about other fun stuff.  I like the way she writes.  She makes me want to read the books she reviews.  I have added Tiger Lily to my Goodreads reading list just because of her review.  You can follow her via Bloglovin’ on her site.

Thanks for reading.  Remember to subscribe by email in the right hand panel and follow my story Innocence being released RIGHT NOW chapter by chapter via Wattpad and Tablo.

Follow me on:
Twitter @edinanroman


No comments:

Post a Comment