Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Two Things

You know how everyone was putting a picture of a giraffe on their Facebook profiles a while back?  Well, I have an even better idea.  Let’s all put a picture of a teapot as our profile pictures in honor of all those how drink tea.  Tea drinkers are highly overlooked (at least in America, with the exception of Boulder, Colorado where Celestial Seasonings teas are bagged).  We need to be more attentive to these people.  Quiet, peaceful, comtemplative people.  They understand the importance of that break in the day called “afternoon tea.”  We can all learn something from this culture of drinking tea.  So, hail to the TEA DRINKERS!  Today I will change my profile pic to a teapot!

The second thing I have to say today is that I finished a novel called Wildalone by Krassi Zourkova and it left me in a rage.  My view of men is quite different than the main character’s opinion of the two main men in the book.  Has anyone else read this book?  Does anyone else share my rage?  I wrote a brief review on Goodreads.  I tried to be nice.  Some say if you are a writer reviewing someone else’s book, you must give a pleasant review (because it’s unkind to say bad things about theirs when you want a good review on your own book).  But it’s not right to lie.  So I just said what I thought but in a nice way.  Because, although it may not be the perfect book for me, there are plenty of people who would give it five stars and those are the people who need to find it.

You can find me on Goodreads here.  I’m curious on your opinion of the book.  I thought it was very poetically written, but the rights and wrongs of the love triangle are a completely different story.  None of this is from a literary standpoint, more from a realistic (and dare I say, moral) standpoint.  The attraction people have to immorality escapes me.  How a woman could be attracted to a man that wants her for her body alone is beyond me.  Does she not know that that kind must have many women and that he will not give up those many women at the drop of a hat (like a certain character did in the book)?  Anyways, if you want to talk more of that nonsense, come read my review and let me know what you thought of the book.

If you liked this post, be sure to follow my blog or subscribe via email in the right hand panel to get these tasty tidbits delivered directly to your inbox.  You can also follow me on Wattpad and Tablo to read my stories for free!

Come on over to my Facebook page and give it a like and check out my new teapot profile pic! (It's different than the one on here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment