Friday, February 5, 2016

How Do I See Myself?

First, my apologies for not posting on Thursday as I stated in my last blog, but happy Friday to you! I have a great post for you today to finish out the week.

This month we are talking about The Imaginary You: Finding and Becoming the Real You. I’m not an expert on the subject, I’m just sharing some things that worked for me. You can try some of these things out to see how they work for you, or come up with your own ideas.


The Question
One of the first things that helped me get started on finding myself was to ask myself this question: How do I see myself?

What is your self image? Mine was of a person who was very afraid, never got things done, made proclamations to the world about writing a book then never followed through, someone who didn’t want to face life, who was more comfortable hiding than being an adult, an awkward person steeped in depression and rejected by everyone she dated or wanted to date.

Being truthful in answering this question about myself was vital to the next steps I would take, which we will talk about in the following weeks. For now, take some time this week to ask yourself how you see yourself. Write it down, do a voice recording, make a video. Then play it back or read over it and be as honest as you can with yourself. Write down how you feel about yourself. Do you like yourself? Hate yourself? Why?

There's lots of things we imagine about ourselves, thus creating an imaginary version of ourselves. This "imaginary you" can work for you and against you, a concept we'll cover later in the month.

Next week we’ll talk about how your self image plays into finding the real you.

The Announcement
I promised an exciting announcement this week, and here it is: The current fictional series I’m working on, Mint Julep Adventures, is in its editing phase right now and will be ready for publication very soon! I will be self publishing it as an ebook. I have plans to create a paperback, but not for a while yet. As soon as we pass edits, I will be choosing a release date. I’m so excited to have such a fun project almost ready to put out into the world.

Thanks again for reading. I’ll see you next week for more about finding and becoming the real you.

Next week: "Accepting Yourself As You Are"

No comments:

Post a Comment