Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Easy Route

Amanda Hocking said that when she was young, she thought writers were boring, so she saved writing as her "safety career" in case a different one didn't turn out for her. Although I can't say I ever thought writers were boring, I found her thoughts funny. I've always looked at writing as a very romantic career. The idea of struggling away over a novel, quarreling with an editor and having my own book signing has always been very enticing to me.

Nowadays I don't go for the "struggling" thing so much. I prefer things to be easy. I know life can be hard sometimes, but I don't think it was originally meant to be hard. So i look for the easiest path to get to where I want to go. I look for that Helping Hand, if you know what I mean. Were we not given dreams by a Higher Power in order to live them out? Would not that Higher Power show us the best route to get us there?

Today I'm enjoying another day on that route to my writing dreams. Although I don't call them dreams anymore. I call them my reality.

I'm excited to tell you again about the story I'm working on, Protecting Innocence. It's in the YA division and it's going to be AWESOME. I'm so excited about how fun it is to write the story. I believe whatever I invest my time in doing, it should be fun to me in some way. I'm very grateful to have found the fun in writing again after a ten year absence from fiction and a three year effort of getting back I'm to writing.

Thank you to all who support me. I'm grateful for all your encouragement and can't wait to reveal more about this book.  Thanks for your interest and for reading my blog. Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment