Friday, November 7, 2014

Novel Update

Today I completed Chapter 3 of my NaNo novel.  As always, there seems to be some challenging days by the third day, and it happened again this year.  I was moving along smoothly from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 and even into Chapter 3.  Then problems came up in my personal life.  (Isn't there always something that tries to stop you from reaching your goals?)  But by this time, I know things will come up to try to throw me off.  The key is not to let them, to push through somehow so I can finish what I set out to do.

It feels good to finish Chapter 3.  The furthest I've gotten in any book so far is Chapter 5, so that is my first mini goal.

Writing this first book feels like climbing a really hard mountain or something (I've never climbed a real mountain, like with a backpack and all that, but I imagine it feels kind of the same).  I've been conditioning to write this book for the past 2 1/2 years.  And I'm going to do it this time.  There is no turning back.  There is no stopping.  There is no obstacle to get stuck on.  Overcome! is the theme.

For a sneak peak at my first chapter come on over to Tablo and have a read.  Let me know your thoughts.  Also, check out the photo for the book cover below.

I have some great ideas I can't wait to try on the cover.  You won't want to put the book down once you get started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment